Posted by Dunnikier Cricket Club on July 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Dunnikier v Dunnikier
Faffing about, Dunnikier Park
A hardy group of nine guys had a run-around whilst playing cricket at Dunnikier Park on Saturday.
It was a shame we didn't have enough players to play a proper club game, but the batting and bowling session that was run will hopefully help the guys push on in games over the next few weekends.
Anyway, what did we learn?
- Bowlers need to get back to the stumps if any runs are being attempted;
- Hamid Manzoor's dancing feet hold some promise, though he needs to push forward rather than retreating to square leg;
- The devil-grenades of Eck Thomson carry a lovely drift when the wind picks up;
- Bilal Manzoor needs to choose whether he's a right or left handed batsman - personally, I'd say he strikes the ball more cleanly as a leftie;
- Libin Thomas shows great promise as a bowler, and in particular should look to keep trying his doosra;
- Raja Singh can indeed bowl, though needs a bit of practice to get consistency otherwise the wicket-keeper's going to have a tough time;
- Ash Anjum is just too talented and should think about trying his spinners in a game some time;
- Jim Sheehan is still trying to come to terms with the pace of the Dunnikier wicket, but will get there;
- Emrah Raza has been watching too much of Murali, but you can't really get called no-ball for chucking anyway.. All-round game beginning to come together though;
- Nic Krzyzanowski probably pulled a hammy again.
Good effort from those who turned up, though hopefully we can all work harder to make sure the next Club Game on the 5th September is a greater success with more people turning up.